Orihime's Hairpins - Bleach
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our RSS!
Oh c'mon
Bookmark us!
Have a question?
Get an answer!

Chapter 4

0 Reviews
It’s been a month since I last visited the girl in the hospital. I’ve been thinking about whether I should visit her again or not. But just a few days ago, I’ve decided on giving up. It wasn’t like she’d miss me or anything if I’m not there. The presence of the doctors and nurses in the hospital is bound to be enough. No need to add some stranger who shows up once a month. I still have to go to the hospital though, as I have to pass Nee-san’s allowance to her.

I arrived at the hospital around 2:30pm. Upon signing in at the lobby, I headed straight for Noburu-san’s room. Upon opening the door a little, cool air sneaked out of the room. The room was a little dark, so I concluded that Noburu-san was either sleeping or was about to sleep. I peeked in first to see if Nee-san was there, and I found her sitting on a chair beside Noburu-san’s bed. As I thought, he was fast asleep. Nee-san was busy peeling an apple with a small knife.

“Maya-nee,” I called out in a whisper. If possible, I wanted to stay outside so I won’t wake Noburu-san up.

Nee-san turned to me and lit up. She gently placed the apple she was peeling and the knife on a small plate on the table, by the bed. She then stood up and walked towards me. I stepped back to let her come out.

Nee-san hugged me tightly upon stepping outside. “Yuu-kun! I missed you so much!” she whispered.

I felt awkward and embarrassed, being hugged like that in public. I hesitantly hugged her back lightly. I missed her as well, but I couldn’t utter a word.

“How are mom and dad?” she asked, finally letting me go.
“Uh, they’re fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.” I answered. “Does Noburu-san usually sleep at this time?” I asked, just for the sake of keeping a longer conversation with her.

Nee-san’s smile faded and a concerned look took over. “Actually, he was in a critical condition three days ago,” she paused and looked at the door. “He’s fine now, but I wanted him to get lots of rest,” she answered in a soft voice.
“Oh…” was all I could say in response.

I knew she and Noburu-san were quite close. The idea of losing him must have frightened her.

“Well, I have to go back now. Give my regards to mom and dad,” she smiled.

As Noburu-san was asleep, she probably wasn’t too busy at the moment. Knowing Maya-nee, she probably sensed my anxiety and just decided to let me off.

“I will. See you next month!” I answered.

Nee-san went back to the room after that and I went on my way out. Upon passing room 203’s door, I felt an urge to open the door and visit the girl again. I wasn’t really sure why I was so inclined to visit her. But I realized I can’t go in if I was to stop visiting her again, as I’ve decided. I continued walking away.

One step

    Two steps

        Three steps

I walked away without turning back.

0 Reviews: