Orihime's Hairpins - Bleach
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our RSS!
Oh c'mon
Bookmark us!
Have a question?
Get an answer!

Chapter 9

0 Reviews
I just finished reading the 20th chapter and was about to proceed with the next one, as it was a short chapter. But I was interrupted by her.

“You can stop there,” she said.
“Hm? What’s wrong?” I wondered.
She shook her head and took the book from my hands. “I have a request.”
“What is it?”
“There’s a festival tonight. And there will be some fireworks. I want to watch,” she answered. “Can you help bring me near room 229?”

Room 229 was on the other side of the hospital. There’s a window near that room facing the area where the winter-coming festival will be held. Having such a weak constitution, it was dangerous for her to walk there on her own. So she was relying on me to bring her there.

“Sure,” I answered. “But that’s still a few hours from now. We have plenty of time to read the next chapter.”
She shook her head again before replying. “I want to go early.”

Not wanting to see her sad, I had no choice but to comply. Logically speaking, I should just call the nurse, maybe to bring a wheelchair for her. But I felt that she just wanted the two of us to go, so I didn’t.
I crouched beside her bed, my back facing her, offering her a piggy back ride. Surprisingly, it didn’t take long for her to accept the offer and cling to my back. Her hands held onto me tightly and I could feel her soft and cold body on my back. Like that, I carried her outside. But I didn’t bring her to room 229. Instead, we took the elevator and went to the highest floor, just below the rooftop. She panicked a bit when I walked towards the elevator, but she soon understood what I was planning and didn’t resist.
We found ourselves in a waiting area. There were three couches in the center of the area and a large viewing window on the wall, in the direction where the fireworks can be seen. It seemed like the ideal place to watch from. I let her go and we waited there for a couple of hours, just sitting on a couch. I peeked at her face and saw a serene expression.

Pretty soon, the fireworks started. We didn’t hear any sounds, but we had a great view of the festival of colors in the sky. She looked overjoyed as she ran towards the glass and enjoyed the view from there. She looked like a normal child at the moment; one that has seen something amazing for the first time in her life. That was the happiest expression I’ve seen from her face so far.

And then she collapsed…

0 Reviews: